We, at Ace Scaffolding Contractors Limited are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of anyone using our site and the confidentiality of any information that you provided to us. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.
Data Protection Act 1998 (‘the Act’)
We adhere to the principles of the Data Protection Act and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Use and collection of personal information: In general you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you use our site to purchase goods you will need to register and you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details.
We will store this data and hold it on computer or otherwise. We may use information that you provide: To register you with our website and to administer it. For assessment and analysis, e.g. marketing, customer and product analysis, to enable us to review, develop and improve our services. If you do not want us to use data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. We may disclose your personal information to third parties: In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we might disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller. If we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with or meet any legal obligation.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
· Contact information including email address
· Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
· Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services.
· We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
· When you visit our website and use your account to buy products and services.
· When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
· When you create an account with us.
· When you purchase a product by phone.
· When you sign up for an e-newsletter.
· When you engage with us on social media.
· When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
· When you enter prize draws or competitions.
· When you comment on or review our products and services.
You can set your browser to reject or block cookies or to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. You can also delete any cookies that are already stored on your computer’s hard drive. However, please be aware that if you do delete and block all cookies from our website, parts of the site will not then work. This is because some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of our website to operate. Likewise, you may not be able to use some products and services on other websites without cookies.
To find out more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website, please leave this site immediately and then delete and block all cookies from this site.
Alternatively, you may opt out of receiving information from us by e-mail, telephone, fax or post. Our e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org .
This website complies with recent legislation requirements for websites to obtain explicit consent from users before leaving behind or reading files such as cookies on a user’s computer / device.
The cookies in use to deliver Google Analytics service are described below:
· Cookie’s used: _gat, _ga, _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmv, _utmz
· Title: Google Analytics
· Description: These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet. Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
Please note any information passed to Trade Timber Windows and Doors via this website will not be passed to third parties, other than as detailed in this privacy statement.
CONTACT & COMMUNICATION
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but we advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default. Your rights: You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will aim to inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purpose. You can exercise your right to prevent this happening by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You have the right to see personal data (as defined under the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request.
Any request should be sent to: Ace Scaffolding Contractors –email@example.com - (+44) 7944693243